Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2026

One Bowl Semolina Yogurt Cake


I had semolina in the freezer for about a year and decided I needed to figure out what to do with it. This cake is easy, delicious, with just a little bit of bite. I think the kids will like it - it's so moist and satisfying. Really easy to bake. Semolina is flour made from hard durham wheat. 

Heat oven to 340. (Odd, I know!)

1 egg
1/3 c. sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 c olive oil
1/2 c yogurt
1 c. semolina
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
1/3 c shredded coconut (plus more for the top of the cake)

Syrup:
3/4 c. water
3/4 c. sugar
1 t lemon juice

Grease/spray a 9 x 9 pan.

In a bowl (it's a one bowl cake), mix the egg, salt, and sugar until light.

Add oil and yogurt, mixing until smooth.

Add in semolina, baking powder, vanilla, and coconut.

Spread into your pan and bake until browned, about 25 minutes in the convection oven.

Meanwhile bring the water, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring for a few minutes until it's a transparent liquid. 

When the cake is finished, pour the syrup straight over it. No need to poke holes in the cake - it absorbs.

Sprinkle with coconut. 

I cut it into 16 squares. 



No comments:

Post a Comment